Drug and Alcohol Treatment
for Pasadena, CA
It isn’t enough to rely on willpower to combat addiction or alcoholism. No one can do it alone. And with from Help Addiction Recovery Center you are not alone in your addiction with drug and alcohol treatment.
- Prescription-related opioid deaths peaked in 2009 at 1,483 deaths. In 2018, that number has decreased 26 percent to 1,091 deaths.
- The total number of opioid prescriptions written by health-care providers dropped 14 percent from 23 million in 2010 to 19.8 million in 2018.
Abuse Cases In Pasadena, CA
However, the state continues to struggle in other areas of drug abuse:
- Opioid-related overdose deaths totaled 2,428 in 2018, a 42 percent increase since 2012.
- Heroin overdose deaths have increased 117 percent since 2012, from 361 to 785 in 2018.
- Fentanyl overdose deaths have increased at an alarming rate of 858 percent from 82 in 2012 to 786 in 2018.
- Amphetamine overdose deaths jumped 212 percent from 777 in 2012 to 2,427 in 2018.
Seek Medical Treatment
It is now well understood and established that people with a drug or alcohol addiction have an illness. And just like those who suffer from a chronic medical condition that requires special medication and therapy, people dependent on substances require specialized addiction programs and rehab, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In addition, addiction often co-occurs with mental health problems such as depression.
There are many reasons not to drink. However, addiction to alcohol is a reality for many people. Creating a bond with alcohol is often used as a coping mechanism. People use it as an escape, for relieving stress, and to fit in socially. But there are many reasons why someone should seek help if they are […]
When a person uses their pet to get medication for themselves, it is known as vet shopping. Taking any medication not explicitly for you is already risky. Taking one not meant for human ingestion can be flat-out dangerous. Unfortunately, many people who do this are substance abusers with addiction problems. A person can become dependent […]
In recent years, there has been a growing between illicit drug use and violence. This growth is due to drug trafficking to become more prominent in the United States. As more individuals find themselves abusing substances, violent tendencies are also rising. Trying to find out how abusing drugs contributes to violence can be challenging. Violence […]
Addiction does not discriminate no matter who you are or what issues you may be going through. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, known as ADHD, is a condition in children from 2 to 17. There was the notion that children outgrew ADHD, but it can carry over into adulthood. Depending on the criteria used to define […]