Drug and Alcohol Treatment
for Pasadena, CA
It isn’t enough to rely on willpower to combat addiction or alcoholism. No one can do it alone. And with from Help Addiction Recovery Center you are not alone in your addiction with drug and alcohol treatment.
- Prescription-related opioid deaths peaked in 2009 at 1,483 deaths. In 2018, that number has decreased 26 percent to 1,091 deaths.
- The total number of opioid prescriptions written by health-care providers dropped 14 percent from 23 million in 2010 to 19.8 million in 2018.
Abuse Cases In Pasadena, CA
However, the state continues to struggle in other areas of drug abuse:
- Opioid-related overdose deaths totaled 2,428 in 2018, a 42 percent increase since 2012.
- Heroin overdose deaths have increased 117 percent since 2012, from 361 to 785 in 2018.
- Fentanyl overdose deaths have increased at an alarming rate of 858 percent from 82 in 2012 to 786 in 2018.
- Amphetamine overdose deaths jumped 212 percent from 777 in 2012 to 2,427 in 2018.
Seek Medical Treatment
It is now well understood and established that people with a drug or alcohol addiction have an illness. And just like those who suffer from a chronic medical condition that requires special medication and therapy, people dependent on substances require specialized addiction programs and rehab, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In addition, addiction often co-occurs with mental health problems such as depression.
Specifically associated with binge drinking, blacking out from drinking involves memory loss due to excessive alcohol consumption. Frequent blackouts not only put you at risk in multiple ways, but they could also be a sign of a growing substance abuse disorder. Losing a sense of time and place can be a frightening experience. It shows […]
As most parents know, college is fun. Likewise, most parents know that binge drinking in college can be hard to avoid. It is not something we often tell our kids because we do not want them to become binge drinking college students. We want them to avoid the mistakes, focus on their studies, and graduate with a degree they love. […]
Sadly, addiction can be one of the most severe illnesses; it can have many negative side effects on one’s health and life in general. Alcoholism specifically can even include fits of alcohol-induced psychosis. “But what is alcohol-induced psychosis?” you may be asking. In short, it is a rare but serious condition in which copious amounts of alcohol or withdrawals from alcohol can cause psychotic episodes in […]
The idea of being sent away to rehab can be terrifying, especially if one does not know what to expect. Admittedly, the process of recovery from substance use disorder is not easy. It takes a great deal of time and effort, but it can be done. However, no matter what age someone is, recovery is more successful when […]