Drug and Alcohol Treatment
for Pasadena, CA
It isn’t enough to rely on willpower to combat addiction or alcoholism. No one can do it alone. And with from Help Addiction Recovery Center you are not alone in your addiction with drug and alcohol treatment.
- Prescription-related opioid deaths peaked in 2009 at 1,483 deaths. In 2018, that number has decreased 26 percent to 1,091 deaths.
- The total number of opioid prescriptions written by health-care providers dropped 14 percent from 23 million in 2010 to 19.8 million in 2018.
Abuse Cases In Pasadena, CA
However, the state continues to struggle in other areas of drug abuse:
- Opioid-related overdose deaths totaled 2,428 in 2018, a 42 percent increase since 2012.
- Heroin overdose deaths have increased 117 percent since 2012, from 361 to 785 in 2018.
- Fentanyl overdose deaths have increased at an alarming rate of 858 percent from 82 in 2012 to 786 in 2018.
- Amphetamine overdose deaths jumped 212 percent from 777 in 2012 to 2,427 in 2018.
Seek Medical Treatment
It is now well understood and established that people with a drug or alcohol addiction have an illness. And just like those who suffer from a chronic medical condition that requires special medication and therapy, people dependent on substances require specialized addiction programs and rehab, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In addition, addiction often co-occurs with mental health problems such as depression.
Field sobriety tests are used to determine the impairment of a driver. Due to the consequences of failing a field sobriety test, some people feel they can finesse their way out of a field sobriety test or even trick the sobriety test while it’s being administered. One of the problems with trying to trick a […]
Drug addiction and substance abuse disorders (SUDs) are a multi-faceted health issue. More and more recovery providers are building their programs around dual diagnosis treatment. The term is generally used to describe a situation where a person has both a substance abuse problem and a co-existing mental disorder. For example, you may be struggling with alcohol […]
You may have heard success stories from addicts who claim to have overcome their opiate addiction using Suboxone. Inspired by their experience, you may now be wondering how to get Suboxone for yourself. Is Suboxone treatment right for me? Is Suboxone addiction something I should be concerned about? If you are ready to stop using […]
Learning a loved one is stealing for drugs is surprising, disappointing, and frustrating. Knowing that an addict is stealing from family members—or even your own house—will leave you shocked, aggravated, and frightened. Addiction is never satisfied. Once it has found a place in someone’s life it will refuse to leave without a fight. And it won’t […]