Drug and Alcohol Treatment
for Pasadena, CA
It isn’t enough to rely on willpower to combat addiction or alcoholism. No one can do it alone. And with from Help Addiction Recovery Center you are not alone in your addiction with drug and alcohol treatment.
- Prescription-related opioid deaths peaked in 2009 at 1,483 deaths. In 2018, that number has decreased 26 percent to 1,091 deaths.
- The total number of opioid prescriptions written by health-care providers dropped 14 percent from 23 million in 2010 to 19.8 million in 2018.
Abuse Cases In Pasadena, CA
However, the state continues to struggle in other areas of drug abuse:
- Opioid-related overdose deaths totaled 2,428 in 2018, a 42 percent increase since 2012.
- Heroin overdose deaths have increased 117 percent since 2012, from 361 to 785 in 2018.
- Fentanyl overdose deaths have increased at an alarming rate of 858 percent from 82 in 2012 to 786 in 2018.
- Amphetamine overdose deaths jumped 212 percent from 777 in 2012 to 2,427 in 2018.
Seek Medical Treatment
It is now well understood and established that people with a drug or alcohol addiction have an illness. And just like those who suffer from a chronic medical condition that requires special medication and therapy, people dependent on substances require specialized addiction programs and rehab, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In addition, addiction often co-occurs with mental health problems such as depression.
When thinking of morality, people often remember great acts of kindness, mercy and love. They think about a firefighter saving someone from a burning building, a nurse setting aside time to read to children with cancer or a social worker providing support to a troubled teenager. These are all courtesies that everyone can agree are “moral.” However, when […]
In March, the COVID-19 pandemic took hold of the United States. The response from the government and public health officials was to initiate a nationwide quarantine. This quarantine isolated Americans in their homes. At the same time, the number of overdose deaths during the pandemic in the U.S. rose significantly. It was predictable that this lockdown would result in an increase in relapses and […]
America’s war to end the opioid crisis has a new, powerful enemy. It is the synthetic opioid, fentanyl. The Peninsula Press at Stanford reports that because fentanyl is 50 times stronger than heroin and 100 times stronger than morphine. As a result, most doctors prescribe it by the microgram — a thousandth of a milligram. Since 2013, fentanyl overdose deaths have increased significantly. Shipped from […]
Your health matters. There are so many aspects to taking care of your physical, mental and emotional health, and one of the best places to do this is in the Sunshine State. California is known for its gorgeous year-round sunshine, beaches, and stunning natural scenery. The warm weather and beautiful surroundings of California can work […]