Drug and Alcohol Treatment for Pasadena, CA
Call (626) 602-2966
It isn’t enough to rely on willpower to combat addiction or alcoholism. No one can do it alone. And with from Help Addiction Recovery Center you are not alone in your addiction with drug and alcohol treatment. Over the past decade, California has made great strides in some areas to curb drug abuse:
- Prescription-related opioid deaths peaked in 2009 at 1,483 deaths. In 2018, that number has decreased 26 percent to 1,091 deaths.
- The total number of opioid prescriptions written by health-care providers dropped 14 percent from 23 million in 2010 to 19.8 million in 2018.
However, the state continues to struggle in other areas of drug abuse:
- Opioid-related overdose deaths totaled 2,428 in 2018, a 42 percent increase since 2012.
- Heroin overdose deaths have increased 117 percent since 2012, from 361 to 785 in 2018.
- Fentanyl overdose deaths have increased at an alarming rate of 858 percent from 82 in 2012 to 786 in 2018.
- Amphetamine overdose deaths jumped 212 percent from 777 in 2012 to 2,427 in 2018.
You don’t have to be one of those statistics. Help Addiction Recovery Center professionals help those addicted to drugs and alcohol from Pasadena, CA achieve long-term recovery with drug and alcohol treatment.
It is now well understood and established that people with a drug or alcohol addiction have an illness. And just like those who suffer from a chronic medical condition that requires special medication and therapy, people dependent on substances require specialized addiction programs and rehab, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse. In addition, addiction often co-occurs with mental health problems such as depression.